ABOUT McKENNA GEOTECHNICAL
McKenna Geotechnical is a Vancouver-based engineering and consulting firm providing the highest quality in landform design, tailings and mine waste management, and reclamation. The firm develops mine closure plans, landform and watershed designs, and technical guidance documents. We provide expert consulting engineering services for mines in Canada and abroad, and offer courses on landform design and closure.
Our areas of expertise include geotechnical site investigations and designs for a variety of mining foundations, dumps, dams, and burrow. These site investigations involve characterizing large mine waste facilities for landform design. Our design and construction experience includes includes highwall dragline mining, refinery foundation designs, sulphur block burial, geotechnical instrumentation, geotechnical risk assessment, tailings dam design, tailings R&D, waste rock dumps, and various dam safety inspections and reviews.
Gord has served on several geotechnical and geo-environmental review boards and expert panels, and has authored dozens of papers and book chapters. Gord's team of associates and collaborates offer unmatched expertise in geology, hydrology, mine waste management, and mine reclamation.
- American Society of Mining & Reclamation
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia
- Association of Professional Engineers & Geoscientists of Saskatchewan
- Professional Engineers Ontario
- Engineers Yukon
- Canadian Geotechnical Society
- Canadian Institute of Mining
- Canadian Dam Association
- Canadian Land Reclamation Association